Monday, July 29, 2013

Trying to play catchup..

This seems like the consistent theme of my day to day life. Since I'm trying to whole heartedly dedicate myself to getting fit and eat better I kind of over exerted  myself this weekend which resulted in my 7 days of blog entries. So this is one of my attempts to make up for lost time. 

I remember when I was in elementary school a day seemed to last forever. There was always time to get things done. Forget summer vacation. You felt as if you spent a quarter of the year out of school when it was only a couple of months. Now 24 hrs whizz by so fast we feel short changed. The only way I am somewhat able to keep track of a year are by the developmental mile stones of my children. Each passing month results in significant changes in their skills that it is almost impossible not to keep more. But at the same time it seems as though I am unable to keep track of the things (or lack there of) in my own life. It almost feels as if my life is just here to sustain theirs. A vain attempt to try and steer them in a direction that will do nothing but benefit them. Although I am fully aware that one of the things that make us human is our ability to make out own mistakes which may or may not allow us to grow and learn from our mistakes and life lessons. 

Now back to the time.. My time there has got to be a way that I will be able to make better use of my 24 hrs while achieving the maximum benefit. Playing catchup day to day is nothing short of frustrating an tiring. Trying to set and maintain a schedule when parenting continues to fling wrenches at every given chance seems like a suicide mission. But I am digging deep to draw out the passion and motivation required to do better. I have 4 lives that are depending on my overall success; that is a pressure in itself that is indescribable but it's the facts of my life. One that I have to keep. Here's to my new 24....

No comments:

Post a Comment